Sunday 23 October 2011

I'm back


Been away a while; to be honest I got quite down and lost interest. My back had improved pain wise but I couldn't actually do very much. My right leg just wouldn't work properly.

Then I started getting good use in the leg, but at the same time I started getting nerve pain back in it, at times I would have numb patches here and there. I tried a jog on a machine, so gentle it was just passed walking but my right leg just got heavier and heavier and I had to get off - so I felt really low for several weeks, had pain an didn't know what to do.

I rested it until it stopped hurting and started STRETCHING more and more; I started weight training (upper body only) and made sure nothing loaded badly on my spine - it didn't get worse ! - maybe I should keep gently pushing it ?

I started pilates - it didn't hurt and my back felt good . I used ice packs at night if it was sore..... And I stretches more and more - why was it that stretching my leg big time Which stressed right on the sciatic Wasn't making it worse ?

So I started going back to kick boxing ! Been back 4 weeks now ! - I spend a lot of time stretching and warming up and I'm careful not to do anything too radical, buy hey I'm doing it !!!!!

I also have a new Physio , he reckons that posture has a lot to do with stress on the lower disks so I'm working on relaxing my abs and changing my posture - this is very hard, but seems to be working. Flexibility, thoughtful activity and relaxed, corrected , proper posture are key !!!

I'm off to kick boxing this evening so I'll update then ! - oh, and I have a new friend.......


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment