Wednesday 6 July 2011

Numb bum

Well, 6th July - over two weeks ago the disk between L5 and S1 in my back exploded ! The jam squeezed out the doughnut and pushed direct on my sciatic nerve !!

To all of you out there with sciatica my deepest sympathy!!!

So - today I've just had an injection under x-ray into the nerve route to try and take the inflammation out and help healing; however I am temporarily paralysedp until the anaesthetic wears off. Sort of humbling in a way and this very short insight renews my respect for the courage and determination of folk with Permanent disabilities.

So I shall update my progress and hopefully talk to other disk victims..

Oh... And one more thing... I shall Plan and talk of my hopeful recuperation with the goal of getting to competitive kick boxing by 45 ! -!that gives me 18 months !!!

So if you'd like to contribute I'd love to hear your experiences

No comments:

Post a Comment