Saturday 9 July 2011

Racehorses ?

Well, the injection in my spine had cortisone, marcaine and
Ketamine in. Thought the later was a sedative for horses !

Anyway I'm now out and about with a craving to graze :-). My leg has started to ache a little again, but, is about 50% improved. I still have a marked limp but we'll have to wait a few weeks and see how things turn out.

I am not going o attempt to train or anything else for at least a fortnight.

What I have learnt is that it is often Recommended to go straight to a diskectomy; I had quite a bit of pressure to do so. This is where they operate and cut out the prolapsed centre of the disk that is pressing on a nerve (like the jam leaking out of a squashed doughnut). But once you've been operated on the back is weaker; and I may yet have to go there.

But the point is that there Are options, and after 3 days the injection has significantly improved me .


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment