Friday 15 July 2011

Wonder where I am? !

Well , injection has had time to settle down and I can't understand why I'm not back to full training and fitness ? - surely one quick jab and it should have been fixed ?

Unreal expectations ! - normal perhaps, but that ruptured disk is still there; the pain is loads better though, just sporadic dull aches in my right leg and local pain in the right lumber region. I can sleep now and move quite well; leg is weak and still couple of numb areas but it's 65% better than it was. AND I have clearance for 'gentle' rehab :-)

I'm going to give it another week though, then start gentle core stability. Then (hopefully) I need to start to train without loading extra weight down through my spine - that means no weight training.....

So ! Suspension training for me using body weight and TRX straps.


These are great pieces of kit and easy to carry around with you. They are best hung from a beam or tree branch etc; but at the moment I'm going to use mine over a door as below:


It's worth having a look at these on YouTube, which shows how they are used better than I could describe - they can really work you hard and activate your core with nearly every move.

I'll start with them in a week and let you know whether they help me, or just antagonise an injured back

No comments:

Post a Comment