Tuesday 26 July 2011

? Stupid ?

Well, three weeks ago I could not really walk, and the pain was simply incredible and non stop.

Now things are by far not right; but, I have managed to go 'walkabout' in France in the Dordogne . I wanted to start getting that right leg moving anyway.

I decided on using my rucksack as other options meant carrying weight at funny angles , being lop sided or twisting, even a roller case needs carrying at times and is dragged with a slight twist and ruptured disk dont like that !

The rucksack has a good hip belt so I can put most of the weight through my pelvis :-) - the other weight is carried close to my back and I can walk stood straight up - this way I am just about coping with this :


I have also started to gently do my kick box stretches each day. There is still limited range, I've lost flexibility and my sciatic pulls, but I houl be able to gently and gradually stretch all this

I've also started doing a little gentle bag work; just arms / hands - but it's a START !!!

I'm not religious , but I believe in 'something' - I lit a candle at a beautiful spot in the Eglise Notre damn in Bergerac (well worth a visit)




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff, a walk in the Dordogne sounds wonderful. One thing I miss about Europe is the long walks. Keep up the good work with your recovery.

    ReplyDelete